STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids and teens who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,200 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol.
BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include: NAIA Company of Character, Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit, and the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit to Work for in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
Reporting to the 90-day Match Support Manager, the 90-day Match Support Specialist is a full time, exempt position. The 90-day Match Support Specialist position is a newly created addition to the Volunteer Enrollment & Matching Team. While the Volunteer Enrollment & Matching Team will work to enroll and match volunteers to the children on the waiting list, once the match has been created, the 90-Day Match Support Specialist will work to establish the success of the match by providing match support. The main role of the 90-day Match Support Specialist is to build a relationship with the Big, Little and Parent to ensure the best quality support for all matches; this is done by providing coaching, encouragement, and advice to matches via phone, email, and/ or in person. After the first 90-days of match support, the match will be transferred to the appropriate match support team based on the grade of the Little (e.g. 2nd-7th grade, etc.) where they will continue to receive specialized support. Additionally, the role of the 90-day Match Support Specialist, is to thoroughly document match support conversations in the BBBS information management system, provide community resources to families/ Bigs when needed and upon request, as well as, offering ideas and support to help foster the Bigs and Littles relationship growth, all while supporting the little’s development through their interactions with their Bigs. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a fast-paced, ambitious team, with a flexible mindset as this position will manage a larger than typical caseload.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a high-volume, 90-day caseload.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Enrollment Team to ensure successful Matches.
- Provide all aspects of the first 90 Days of Match Support including the SOR survey and make sure all parties involved are aware of upcoming transfer to the Match Support Team.
- Once a transfer has been assigned by the Team Manager at the beginning of the month, complete a face-to-face meeting with the new Match Support Specialist to discuss the Match in detail and provide a transitional email to both the volunteer and parent.
- Document all monthly and quarterly check ins thoroughly and within the required time frame to adhere to the standards of BBBSA in the BBBS information management system.
- Attend required team and agency events.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who demonstrates a passion for our mission. They will be able to work under competing demands, with minimal supervision, and be accountable for individual and team metrics and goals. The position requires the ability to work autonomously, with outstanding customer service, and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to clearly communicate through both written and verbal communication.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling; or a bachelor’s degree and at least two years paid professional work experience in the social service or youth development field
- Experience in providing advice, coaching and/or working with both adults and youth strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
- A familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- All applicants must submit to and pass a background check
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow. We offer an employee wellness program and professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City (BBBSKC) believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential parts of our mission to defend, ignite and empower potential for youth in our community.
- We pledge to embrace true representation in our brand, diversity of people and perspectives, and inclusion in all areas of our organization so we can make a generational impact on our community through life-changing friendships.
- We value DEI by incorporating it into who we are, our core belief patterns, our daily work, our strategic goals, our support and training programs and through the leadership of the agency. We welcome, encourage and desire diverse candidates for all of our job openings.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
36,000 – 37,000 annually depending on qualifications
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please apply at:
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.