Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing the coordination and implementation of accounting processes and systems in the organization.
Ensure the financial integrity of the Catholic Charities organization. Ensure that financial transactions and recordkeeping of the organization are accounted for and reported in a proper, timely and accurate fashion. Catholic Charities is an EEO employer.
· Coordinate all accounting and control functions for federal grants within Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas (CCNEK). Ensure all financial and accounting processes for assigned grant areas are managed in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and principles, and all reports are submitted per granting agency’s requirements.
· Work with the CFO to develop and provide tools, training, and support to all business units to ensure proper establishment and implementation of financial controls, accounting, and financial reporting processes. Assume primary responsibility for reporting processes of assigned grants.
· Coding and posting cash receipt/deposits to General Ledger and Accounts Receivable Ledger.
· Serve as primary back-up for Accounts Payable and other assigned functions.
· Ensure proper documentation and retention of all financial transactions and associated media.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Establish highly effective relationships with the Catholic Charities management team and the Grant team.
· Oversee the timely and accurate reporting of grant financial and accounting activity generated throughout the organization.
· Utilize all available technologies and tools to develop accurate and efficient accounting and financial tools and processes.
· Remain current on all processes, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
· Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
· Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
· Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
· Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
· Requisite knowledge and professional training in accounting, finance and/or related matters. Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Accounting preferred.
· Demonstrate success and understanding of financial controls, reporting, accounting, and related areas, especially in the non-profit environment.
· Proven skills in the development, coordination, and implementation of programs, processes, and procedures as defined in the aforementioned accountabilities.
· Proven interpersonal skills in coaching and problem-solving at the organizational level.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and communicate complicated information in a precise, simple, and accurate manner.
· Prior experience with grant accounting a plus.
· Maintain accounting systems, processes and reporting consistent with GAAP at all times. All assigned processes contribute to securing an unqualified external audit.
· Ability to properly analyze all financial statements.
· Timely and accurate submission of all assigned reports.
· Effective back-up in assigned areas.
· Timely and accurate accounting/reporting to meet the requirements of the grant.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending, and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others