STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids and teens who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,200 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol.
BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include: NAIA Company of Character, Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit, and the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit to Work for in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position and reports to the Systems and Innovation Manager. This individual is task oriented and works efficiently to accomplish big goals by supporting the operations, finance, human resources, and executive teams. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service through living the mission of BBBSKC with every interaction. The Administrative Assistant can anticipate needs and take steps to solve problems. The ideal candidate is a team player and who can maintain a strong work ethic to manage multiple priorities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executive Support
- Support executive team by completing monthly credit card statements, organizing travel, reviewing timesheets, preparing meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Support volunteer and family intake process by efficiently and effectively following procedures of data entry to meet annual intake goals
- Foster and maintain a professional relationship with potential volunteers and families by monitoring and maintaining contact
- Manage background check and fingerprinting process for volunteers, staff, and board members
- Complete data entry for grant reporting by using Salesforce and collecting data from other teams
- Prepare slides and materials for monthly staff meeting
- Manage staff directory to ensure it is up to date after staff transitions
- Provide occasional backup support to Operations Team by answering phones, managing front desk, facilitating Volunteer and Child Info Sessions, and completing external errands as needed
- Finance & Human Resources
- Send invoices to donors and track status of invoices
- Complete data entry in HR systems, including Paycom and Employee Navigator
- Weekly review of employee timesheets; monthly review of grant timesheets
- Assist with insurance policy management and obtaining certificates of insurance for events
- Assist with planning and execution of new hire onboarding, including benefits enrollment and other paperwork
- Provide support to the Donation Center team by conducting research for new bin placements and other projects as needed
- Additional duties as assigned, occasional nights and weekends required
Our ideal candidate will be a team player who demonstrates the ability to be adaptable with a general attitude that no task is too small. The Administrative Assistant is task-oriented, detail-oriented, energetic, and positive. This position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and work under competing time demands. The ideal candidate will have the ability to make thoughtful, independent decisions while still collaborating with other staff on a regular basis. The Administrative Assistant is a systems thinker who can follow standard operating procedures while being innovative and creative to think of new ways to accomplish big goals.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask and provide great follow through. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members daily. Candidates must maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality in working with HR files.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative duties
- High school diploma or equivalent required, associate’s degree encouraged but not required
- Experience or comfortability working with technology preferred (Phone Systems, Copiers, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Salesforce, Paycom, TVs & AV Equipment, Apple TV, Dell technologies, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and competing time demands
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow. We offer an employee wellness program and professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City (BBBSKC) believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential parts of our mission to defend, ignite and empower potential for youth in our community.
- We pledge to embrace true representation in our brand, diversity of people and perspectives, and inclusion in all areas of our organization so we can make a generational impact on our community through life-changing friendships.
- We value DEI by incorporating it into who we are, our core belief patterns, our daily work, our strategic goals, our support and training programs and through the leadership of the agency. We welcome, encourage and desire diverse candidates for all of our job openings.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
$32,000-$36,000, depending on qualifications
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full, will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.