The Refugee Wellness Program Case Management Support Specialist will successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. This role will help identify potential new enrollees, support clients already enrolled in the Wellness Program and will assist in addressing additional needs of recent arrivals from Afghanistan. In addition, this Specialist will provide outreach materials on navigating US health and financial systems. EEO.
- Learns and implements guidelines for services for the Wellness Program set forth by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and stays up-to-date on relevant developments and public policies that affect refugees.
- Completes intakes and needs assessment for new ORR-eligible clients to evaluate needs and potential to enroll in the Wellness Program, making referrals and providing appropriate interpretation when necessary.
- Creates Self-Sufficiency Plans, addressing goals and needs for intakes and enrolled clients.
- Completes necessary follow up to facilitate clients’ adjustment and supports Wellness Program Case Manager to complete services in Wellness Program.
- Manages a small caseload of Wellness Program clients.
- Assists Afghan refugee clients connect to appropriate resources/services and provide information about navigating US systems.
- Assists with transportation of clients as needed
- Assists with data collection for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Ensures all contact with clients, referrals, and follow-up and record-keeping represent the highest standards.
- Maintains professional conduct with clients as identified in the NASW Code of Ethics and acts as a mandated reporter.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience, with emphasis in social work or human services field preferred
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment with at least one year of experience in working in such environment.
- At least one year of case management experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be reliable, punctual, professional, and able to follow instructions and handle emergency situations
- Must be able to work independently from general instructions
- Must have competent organizational skills, attention to detail orientation and the ability to maintain social work ethics.
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving