Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the services outlined in the Refugee Support Services (RSS) Grant. This includes providing case management for Employability Services clients, and providing information and referral services or short-term case management to walk-in clients to assist in reaching self-sufficiency and addressing needs. Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the broadest definition of neighbor and the characteristics that make them unique, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, social-economic status, education, immigration status, national origin, language, family or marital status, political affiliation, disability and religious beliefs.
- Learns and implements guidelines for services for the RSS Program set forth by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR) and stays up-to-date on relevant developments and public policies that affect refugees.
- Receives referrals for case management for ORR-eligible clients and participates in any needed case conference meetings to assure continuity of care.
- Assesses client needs, creates Family Self-Sufficiency Plans (FSSPs), and regularly meets with a caseload of Employability clients to focus on removing employment barriers, stabilizing, and obtaining and retaining employment, assuring follow-up assessments are made at required increments and appropriate interpretation is provided.
- Collaborates with Employment Team to discuss caseload to assure proper priority for services, discuss clients ready for job placement, and any client participation concerns.
- Responds to walk-in client requests to address needs, providing referrals and appropriate follow-up.
- Welcomes refugees and other ORR-eligible clients who have recently moved to Kansas or been granted asylum, completing intakes, making referrals, and connecting to services.
- Contributes to RSS-related reporting in a timely manner.
- Participates in team meetings and trainings to assure appropriate communication and stay up-to-date on developments.
- Ensures all contact with clients, referrals, and follow-up and record-keeping represent the highest standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or human service field or comparable experience
- At least one year of experience working effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual and have the ability to work with diverse clients.
- Experience in managing own caseload preferred.
- Experience working in a social services setting preferred.
- Must have competent oral and written English, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be willing to maintain professional conduct with clients as identified in the NASW Code of Ethics, abide by all program policies and procedures and act as a mandated reporter.
- Must be reliable, punctual, professional, and able to work independently, follow instructions and handle emergency situations
- Must have competent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
- Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License and a verified safe driving record as well as reliable means of transportation for local travel to complete client services.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving