Position Summary: The Classified Advertising Sales Coordinador leads and coordinates sales for specific categories of business within Dos Mundos Newspaper. These might include auctions, items for sale, real estate and automotive. Additional categories include obituaries, legal and employment advertising. You will also be responsible for the scheduling, designing and layout of ads for each edition of the newspaper.
Successful candidates will provide great customer service and are comfortable communicating with a wide range of personality types, appreciate what news media means for a community, and like to work hard and have fun.
• Sell/Process advertising solutions in print and digital to our customers by inbound and outbound phone calls, email and in person
• Effectively contact & renew expiring paid ads on a regular basis
• Calling existing, expired customers, or potential customers: explaining featured products & current “specials”
• Provide customer support: answering questions regarding placing classifieds ads as well as the process.
• Proof-read all ad copy prior to publication
• Meet weekly sales goals
• Manage weekly list of ads to run
• Use Adobe Suite of products to design and layout weekly pages of ads for publication and provide proofs for clients.
• Prepare billing information for accounting department and file all archives
• Positive, friendly front-line customer interaction skills
• Daily client-facing exposure via walk-ins, phone and email
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to deliver on deadline
• Ability to work one weekend per month
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proficient in essential software: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office suite
• Strong typing skills
• Strong communication skills: oral and written
• Spanish is a Plus
• Ability to excel in a smart, fast paced, work environment – we work hard and win
This is a salary + commission with a base of up to $15 depending on experience with excellent earning potential.
About Dos Mundos and Reyes Media Group
Dos Mundos is a sister company to Reyes Media Group an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast radio stations, newspapers, and digital media ads and sites. Dos Mundos has entered its 38 year of publishing and continues to see success in readership and advertising partnerships to reach the Hispanic community.
Dos Mundos Newspaperis an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: RMG accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services.RMG is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $25,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year