Corporate Communications Specialist
What You’ll Do
This position will provide technical and creative writing support primarily for business lines as well as for website and corporate communication material.
Key functions include:
– Ability to interface with senior management, marketing and business development teams within a range of disciplines is essential
– Will work collaboratively to assess and meet needs of business partners, creating product specific write-ups and perspectives on new and existing products, services or initiatives
– Ideal candidate is organized and self-driven with an uncanny attention to detail
– Ability to translate complex subjects into informative yet engaging pieces reflective of the brand
– Must have a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks and possess the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining strategic integrity
– Writing duties include: research, writing, editing, fact checking and routing materials for internal approvals
– Develop content for range of materials such as marketing collateral, white papers or perspectives, web copy, presentations, annual report, etc
– Other duties include providing strategic counsel to business partners, utilizing communication channels (web, intranet, social media), and other duties as assigned
– Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
– 3 years creative/technical writing
– 5 years business experience
– Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
– 5 years creative/technical writing with a Marketing emphasis
– Banking/Finance experience
In this Role, You will Need
– Ability to create both technical and creative content for various marketing and communication materials
– Ability to function well within a project team and work from verbal direction
– Comfortable and effective in working with all levels within the organization
– Skilled in AP Style
– Possess strong editing, project management, and overall communication skills
1010 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, MO
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you’ll get:
Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
Professional Development: We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals – including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.