Position Title: Database Manager
Classification: Full-time, exempt
JA Office: Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City
Reports To: Director of Finance & Administration
Position Description: The Database Manager coordinates the collection, organization, accuracy, and analysis of all JAKC database efforts to fulfill mission delivery. This role is critical to provide effective reporting of gifts, organizational impacts, outcomes, and stewardship to school district partners, volunteers, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- • Oversee and manage Constituent Relationship Management Database (CRM) and other data collection & management systems (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, UpMetric, Qgiv, etc.)
- • Provide training and support to staff ensuring database consistency, effectiveness, and accuracy
- • Manage and monitor data entry across all departments of the organization. Create and use appropriate audit reports and data quality tools to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- • Create and manage stakeholder attributes, information, gifts, etc.
- • Import and export data from external sites into CRM system
- • Timely and accurate fulfillment and creation of queries and reports
- • Maintain JAKC dashboard tracking goals and organizational priorities
- • Produce monthly stakeholder engagement reports
- • Maintain and produce mailings and communication reports – mailed, electronic, etc.
- • Provide support to marketing and communications on campaigns, segmentation, and analytics for e-mailings, newsletters and other communication functions.
- • Generate stakeholder communications and reports (gift acknowledgment, giving history, etc.)
- • Analyze student, school, program, and fundraising data to tell quantitative story and evaluate trends and opportunities
- • Provide data and analysis to support specific programs, projects, or grants
- • Develop data-based scenarios and projections to support strategic planning
Data & Evaluation Reporting:
- • Generate wealth analytics and donor prospect reports
- • Visualize data for use in presentations, collateral, etc.
- • Assist team members in developing frameworks for reporting program and project-specific data
- • Manage annual organizational program audit and other compliance reports
- Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
● 3 year’s experience managing relational database software, preferred experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
● Excellent organizational, written, and verbal skills
● Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Works well independently and as part of a team
● Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple deadlines
● Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Compensation & Benefits: The Database Manager position is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing, mission-driven organization. JAKC offers a competitive compensation package including salary, medical, vacation, 401K, and other benefits. Additionally, Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City opened a new, remodeled, state of the art 22,000 square foot facility centrally at 47th & Mission in Kansas City, KS. The new facility offers a fun, welcoming workplace culture with state of the technology and amenities.
Salary: Considerations start at $44,950, with education and experience considered
Additional Information: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. In addition, it does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. The Database Manager role is expected to work 20% of the time in office, and the remaining 80% of time can be worked remotely with an agreed upon flexible schedule.
JAKC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
In addition to the above requirements, candidate must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance; commit to follow all agency policies; carry out the essential functions of the position with, or without, accommodation; and demonstrate cultural competence and support JAKC mission, beliefs, and values.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Amy Dauer, email@example.com. Complete applications received by Tuesday, June 8, 2021 will be considered.
For more information about Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City, please visit our website.