Company: Kansas City PBS
Salary: $15 per hour
Schedule: Part-Time Position, 10-15 hours per week
Kansas City PBS is seeking a Part-time, Temporary Digital Content Intern. Reporting to the Multimedia Producer, the Digital Content Intern plays a crucial role in enhancing the online visibility and engagement of Kansas City PBS, Flatland and 90.9 The Bridge. This position will be responsible for streamlining and improving all three YouTube channels, as well as brainstorming and creating compelling social media video content. This internship provides hands-on experience in digital content creation, audience engagement, and online marketing.
YouTube Channel Cleanup and Optimization:
· Review and assess existing YouTube channels for content quality, organization, and SEO optimization.
· Work with the Multimedia Producer to identify opportunities to organize and categorize video content, playlists, and descriptions for improved user experience.
· Implement best practices for video tagging, metadata, and thumbnails to enhance discoverability.
· Collaborate with the team to update outdated videos, titles, and descriptions.
· Work with Multimedia Producer and marketing team to create a workflow for YouTube channel content management.
Social Media Video Conceptualization:
· Collaborate with the content team to develop creative concepts for short-form social media videos.
· Research current trends and audience preferences to inform video content ideas.
· Create storyboards and scripts for social media videos, outlining visuals, text, and graphics.
· Assist in shooting and editing videos that align with our brand’s messaging and style.
Engagement and Analytics:
· Monitor YouTube channel performance metrics and report on key insights.
· Analyze engagement data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
· Respond to comments, inquiries, and messages on social media platforms to foster audience interaction.
· Familiarity with YouTube analytics and SEO strategies.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Creative thinking and a keen eye for detail.
· Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
· Passion for digital media, storytelling, and content creation.
· Flexibility for evening and weekend work
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Film, Media, or a related field.
· Some experience with video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc.).
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this position.
KCPBS is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.