Job ID: 46422
Location: Kansas City
Position: Full Time Position
Hiring Department: Institutional Effectiveness, Institutional Research
The University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC) seeks an experienced data management and analytics professional to lead the University’s research, decision-making, and reporting enterprise. The Director will lead the development and execution of the University’s data science strategy, optimizing data-driven solutions through advanced analytics and innovative approaches. Working across the University and UM System Leadership, the Director will identify and lead the building of predictive modeling strategies for overall Student Success, HR, finance, advancement, and research; and implementing a highly functional and strategic data enterprise using best practices in data architecture and storage, data governance, data reporting, and data analytic approaches to support University goals and decisions.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead outcome assessment and use best practices in data science to evaluate University initiatives and goals.
- Ensure timely and accurate data availability through the University’s data dashboards.
- Coordinate data collection for, and submission of, reports both internally and to external bodies.
- Support academic and academic support units in program assessment and quality assurance.
- Collect and analyze data in support of resource allocation and budget management.
- Proactively engages in analysis of trends that impact higher education and UMKC.
- Serve as a member of the Provost’s leadership team.
A Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- PhD in data science/analytics, social science, educational research, or related field
- Experience designing or overseeing student outcomes analytics, complex data sharing environments, and technical skill in data software, technology, and integration
- Strong ability to work across multiple University units to meet diverse data and decision support needs
- Proactive and engaged leadership style, who enjoys project and team management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytic ability, creativity, and organizational skills
Apply online at http://www.umkc.edu/jobs
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter including why you are qualified for the position, resume,) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.). If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288. Note, you must provide a description of job duties for each Work Experience entry on your application. Please carefully review the application instructions section of our Careers page prior to submitting your materials.