COMPANY: Kansas City PBS
SALARY RANGE: $77,000 – $82,000 annually
Kansas City PBS is seeking a Director of Major Giving. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this position is responsible for securing funds for the organization by managing and growing a group of assigned, qualified donors to achieve high retention, increased engagement, and upgrading cumulative giving. The Director of Major Giving will collaborate with management, Board of Directors, volunteers and professional development staff to facilitate successful donor development and results.
• Manage and collaborate with Donor Relations Manager to ensure all deliverables are being met,
members are receiving quality customer service, and members are receiving regular
communications from the organization as part of an overall cultivation plan.
• Qualify and cultivate prospective donors.
• Lead major and planned giving initiatives, as well as special campaign programs.
• Establish relationships with existing and potential donors, identifying KCPBS’ programs and
services that best align with their interests. Determine readiness of donors to progress toward a
deeper engagement with KCPBS.
• Develop and implement strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including determining ongoing
relationships with prospect/donor; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying
those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; assuring that solicitations are
• Expand KCPBS’ overall community support by strengthening relationships with high net-worth
individuals and foundations.
• Act as liaison with foundations and work with Chief Development Officer and Chief Content
Officer in developing grant applications and partnerships.
• Ensure accountability and accuracy in gift acceptance policies and procedures.
• Promote transformational giving by cultivating present donors and prospects to drive significant
increases in individual giving.
• Implement an integrated development plan, providing a comprehensive view of the
interrelationship of development activities with annual programming, outreach and marketing.
• Participate in annual budget preparation, including revenue goals and expenses associated with
major giving program with emphasis on return on investment.
• Facilitate major giving plan, including structure, relationship to other development activities,
benefits to donors and recognition.
• Monitor deliverables on funded projects and report to donors on the use of their funds.
• Maximize donor loyalty by coordinating an effective program for recognition, involvement and
stewardship of major and special gifts to ensure future giving.
• Work with KCPBS staff to maintain prospect relationship continuum, including efficient use of
donor and prospect records and data management.
• Promote estate-planning opportunities on-air, in print, on the web and in person.
• Provide ongoing engagement opportunities to KCPBS Legacy Society donors and prospects.
• Develop engagement opportunities with trust attorneys and financial planners.
• Passion for KCPBS mission and organizational values.
• Proven ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete donor initiatives in a strategic manner.
• Superior public relations skills with experience working directly with donors and senior volunteers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively and concisely
communicate complex issues.
• Ability to sometimes work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and
experience will be considered):
• Undergraduate degree preferably in marketing, public administration or public relations.
• Minimum five (5) years or more experience in major giving initiatives.
• Initiative to achieve financial and non-financial objectives and adherence to ethical standards.
• Knowledge of local and regional philanthropic market.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this
KCPBS is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer