The District Human Resources Manager (DHRM) will plan, lead, direct, develop, recommend, implement and coordinate human resource activities, policies, procedures, and programs for the assigned District(s), assist upper management to ensure legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission. This position manages activities relating to staffing, employee education and training, management development, labor relations, legal compliance, affirmative action, benefits administration and salary administration
- Collaborates with Regional Human Resources to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruitment, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates and implements processes, training, initiatives to support the Human Resources compliance and strategy needs.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the HR department within the assigned District(s)
- Hires, trains, evaluates employee performance and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
- With the Corporate Talent Acquisition Department facilitates the timely hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for the openings. This includes leading efforts and partnering with hiring manager and Corporate Talent Acquisition in the recruiting efforts, ensuring job postings are accurate, screening, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Visits branches in the District at least once a quarter to audit and ensure compliance to all HR processes.
- Oversight of the handling of employee disputes and investigations.
- Approves terminations and Discipline Actions for the District in accordance with company policy.
- Coordinates all EEOC responses and other federal, state requests for information
- Audits quarterly the ESIS leave process; adherence to unemployment requests through the ADP portal system and using DayForce, reports the district’s adherence to suspension, and leaves process.
- May represent the company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends in the District(s)
- Conducts training programs for middle management on topics that will improve and enhance management performance.
- May participate in collective bargaining agreement meetings.
- May supervise HR Coordinators and HR Generalists. Recruits, interviews, hires and train s new staff in the HR field.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Consults with District Vice President on District HR goals and Issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Ceridian Day Force systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field; Master degree is preferred.
- At least seven (7) years’ of Human Resources management experience required.
- PHR certification a plus
Reports to: Region Human Resources