Education Manager 

24.05.2021 hccgKC Careers

 Education Manager 

Position Title: Education Manager Classification: Full-Time, exempt Location: Kansas City, Kansas Reports To: Director of Programs & Experiences Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Programs & Experiences, the Education Manager will effectively manage the day-to-day operations for JA educational programs by coordinating, implementing, and managing classroom, school, district, and youth development partnerships to ensure the best experience for all constituents and fulfill the JA mission and promise. The Education Manager will directly contribute to increasing JA’s capacity to inspire and prepare youth to achieve their greatest potential and realize economic mobility. 
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: 

● Schedule, coordinate, and verify all assigned JA programs – both virtual and in-person. 

● Recruit, train and retain teachers, schools, districts, and youth development partners for current and expanded program opportunities. 

● Provide support and guidance to educators and partners to ensure quality implementation. 

● Develop and implement annual plans that outline the overall program or curriculum needs and the school engagement strategy. 

● Work directly with the Volunteer Manager to ensure volunteers are placed and trained to carry out quality programs and experiences. 

● Coordinate with partner schools and educators to schedule programs and events (i.e., principals, counselors, and teachers). 

● Monitor key metrics to assess JA performance and impact i.e., student and volunteer recruitment in Blackbaud CRM system. 

● Manage program evaluation data collection – qualitative and quantitative through surveys, interviews, classroom observations, etc. 

● Document correspondence, activity, actions, and contact information in CRM database. 

● Ensures materials and reports for signature are accurate and complete; proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with organization standards, policies, and procedures. 

● Other duties as assigned. 

Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills: 

● Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience 

● At least 3 years experience in an educational (preferably K-12) setting 

● Excellent organizational, written, and verbal skills 

● Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines 

● Strong interpersonal skills 

● Works well independently and as part of a team 

● Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills 

● Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple deadlines 

● Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment 

● Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel 

Compensation & Benefits: The Education Manager position is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing, mission-driven organization. JAKC offers a competitive compensation package including salary, health, vacation, 401K, and other benefits. Additionally, Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City offices are located in a newly remodeled, state of the art 22,000 square foot facility centrally located in the Kansas City, at 47th & Mission Road in Kansas City, KS. The new facility offers a fun, welcoming workplace culture with state of the technology and amenities. 

Salary: Considerations start at $44,950, with education and experience considered 

Additional Information: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. In addition, it does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. The Education Manager role is expected to work 75% of the time in office, and the remaining 25% of time can be worked remotely with an agreed upon flexible schedule. 

JAKC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law. 

In addition to the above requirements, candidate must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance; commit to follow all agency policies; carry out the essential functions of the position with, or without, accommodation; and demonstrate cultural competence and support JAKC mission, beliefs, and values. 

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Kate Hood, Director of Programs & Experiences, khood@jagkc.org. Complete applications received by Tuesday, June 8, 2021 will be considered. 

For more information about Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City, please visit our website. 

  

Skip to toolbar