Job Status: Full-time
Reports to: Division Head
Schedule: School year
Other duties: Attendance on Teacher In Service Days, Summer Professional Development
The instructional support faculty member is a valuable part of the St. Paul’s teaching team. He or she
provides support as needed for teachers and students in first through eighth grade.
Major tasks & duties
• Serve as a first through eighth grade substitute for planned and last-minute absences.
• Support teachers, including providing coverage for breaks and helping in the classroom, as
• Work individually with students, both in and out of the classroom, as needed.
• Assist with daily routines, such as carpool, lunch, and recess.
• Be available to meet with students needing additional support before or after school.
• Help chaperone one of our annual anchor trips.
• Clearly and timely communicate with colleagues and parents both in writing and face to face as
• Teach chapel lessons and integrate life skills into the curriculum. Be an active participant and
role model during all chapels.
• Work collaboratively to achieve the mission of the school.
• Set an example of intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, life skills, self-motivation and selfdiscipline.
• Model competence, personal responsibility and respect for others in every aspect of the job.
• Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements, including attending division and all
school meetings, division and all school chapels, professional work days, and admissions-related
• Act as an ambassador for the school by attending school-wide events and supporting the school
community outside of the classroom whether it’s at special events, sporting events, or in other
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Incumbents must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without