Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. Assisting with production & handling of TurnStyles’ donations and moving merchandise from the donation bay, through inspection, testing, pricing and on to the sales floor. The Production assistant will work to reach a daily quote for items produced to the sales floor. This will be under the direction of the Production Manager while supporting sales and profitability. EEO.
- Follows existing guidelines to ensure proper testing, cleaning, pricing and tagging of merchandise. Ensures quality merchandise and assesses items to ensure no product recalls exist, before placing merchandise on the sales floor.
- Under the guidance of the Production Manager, Production assistant will be responsible for working in an assigned daily position for up to 8 hours.
- Primary function is Sorting, hanging and tagging of clothing and other items at a rate of 80+ pieces per hour.
- Assist other volunteers with answering questions regarding to the production process. Connect Volunteers with Supervisor when additional assistance is needed.
- Maintains safe and organized works spaces in all processing areas of the store.
- Serves as a backup on the sales floor and donation bay, when needed.
- Position hours will vary with evenings and weekends possible
- Must be a team player.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control, and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- High School Graduate; college graduate preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and motivate associates and volunteers.
- Strong customer service experience, effectively handling donor and/or customer complaints.
- Solid knowledge of retail or thrift store operations preferred.
- Proficient computer knowledge.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Lift, push or move up to 50 pounds on a repeated basis.
- Stand and/or walk for long periods of time (up to 9 hours at a time).
- Required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Visual functions including near and distance vision and depth perception.
- Work is primarily performed in a warehouse area where the worker is subject to temperature changes, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, and vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dust, and/or gases.
Apply Online: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/dde15210-4675-4273-9417-3dded7e99ae6