Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operator in Training, Bulk Handler, are to:
- Spotting, connecting, un-/loading, disconnecting of bulk containers (railcars, ISO-containers, tank trucks) with chemical raw materials, intermediates or active ingredients;
- Continuous monitoring of un-/loading operation;
- Monitoring of storage tank inventories;
- Calculating starting and ending level inventories to ensure receiving tanks are not overfilled;
- Co-operate with plants and several logistics functions to agree on daily/weekly un-/loading schedule;
- Maintain relevant bulk handling data in MES and SAP systems;
- Ensure safety and regulatory compliance in bulk handling areas;
- Must learn to safely load/unload materials handled in designated unloading area under close supervision by experienced operator (Operator In Training Level I);
- Must be able to safely load/unload at least 80% of materials handled in designated unloading area under supervision by experienced operator (Operator In Training LevelII);
- Must be able safely load/unload all materials in all unloading areas under casual supervision by experienced operator (Operator In Training Level III).
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- HS Diploma or GED with at least that level in reading comprehension, writing, and math;
- One year of manufacturing, industrial OR hazardous materials experience;
- Basic mechanical skills;
- Must be willing and able to work outside in any weather and wear protective equipment (fall protection, full suit with supplied air);
- High safety standards;
- Will use: various hand tools, fork trucks, snorkel lifts, dolly’s, manual material handling equipment.
- Chemical plant experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: MO-Kansas City
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level: Professional