What You’ll Do
This position will provide assistance to corporate attorneys and will have following duties and responsibilities:
– Assists in analyzing documents
– Prepares, reviews, proofs, and edits letters, contracts, affidavits and other legal documents
– Follows established guidelines in identifying and resolving problems
– Acts as a liaison between corporate attorneys, outside counsel and company’s lines of business
– Assists with projects as directed by corporate attorneys (i.e., conducts research, timeline management)
– Maintains legal files and databases
– Schedules meetings, coordinates correspondence, and performs other administrative duties
– Performs other duties as assigned
¿ Coordinates work effort with Contracts Administration Department
¿ Assists in analyzing contracts and related documents with varying levels of complexity
Who You Are
– High School Diploma or Equivalent
– 4-6 years of legal experience
– Paralegal certification or associate’s degree
– Experience with a law firm or with in-house counsel with a financial institution
In this Role, You will Need
– Working knowledge of legal concepts, terminology, and processes
– Experience drafting, reviewing and editing legal documents
– Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
– Outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills
– Highly skilled in MS Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
– Demonstrates independent thinking and good judgment
– Demonstrates ability to multitask daily
1010 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, MO
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you’ll get:
Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
Professional Development: We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals – including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.