Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing counseling to mothers who will be parenting their child. Provide counseling, preparation, education and support for expecting parents that are low income, refugees, or who live in Wyandotte County. EEO.
Make a difference in your community, building skills and experience while serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA member for the summer. By accepting this service position, you will be required to become a member of the AmeriCorps VISTA Program. The AmeriCorps VISTA Program offers its Service Members a bi-weekly living allowance. After successfully completing the summer service term, members have the choice between the Segal Education Award of $1,342 or a cash stipend. For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program and its benefits, please visit their website at www.nationalservice.gov. EEO.
- Responsible for intake, assessment and referral of Pregnancy Maintenance Initiative (PMI) clients.
- Provide counseling to actively assist clients through pregnancy, including problem solving, goal setting, preparation for parenting, and post-pregnancy visits.
- Support clients with connections and referrals for medical services both for the pregnant mother and for well-baby visits.
- Assist in meeting client’s needs: medical, housing, financial and school by becoming involved in the community. Identify appropriate services available and inform participants of services. Make referrals and access resources with or on behalf of the participants. Collaborate and partner with CCNEK’s FSC programming as needed, in alignment with our self-sufficiency model.
- Utilize general office equipment such as phones, fax machines, copiers, e-mail, computer software including Microsoft office suite and all similar office technology.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in processing paperwork.
- Work with clients in a non-judgmental, accepting and supportive manner.
- Enter into data systems per the PMI grant in a timing manner. Deliver baby equipment to families in our program.
· Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
· Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
· Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
· Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
· Have a college degree and/or currently participating in a Master degree in a social field.
· Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
· Demonstrates mature judgment, strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Basic organization and record-keeping skills.
· Ability to relate well to the public.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and standing, bending and moving.
- The ability to complete assignments in all types of weather and ever-changing and sometimes allergenic environments in homes of those we serve, including extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
- Must have good mobility to make visits to a variety of home environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing steep stairs.
- Must have good hearing and speech ability to communicate with others.
- Must have good vision for driving and for assessing conditions of those we serve.
Apply Online: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/dde15210-4675-4273-9417-3dded7e99ae6