The University of Missouri Kansas City Counseling Services is looking for qualified candidates for a Psychologist. This position will be responsible for the generalist duties described below as well as serve in the role of Liaison with our Health Sciences Campus.
The selected candidate will serve as the Liaison to the UMKC Health Sciences campus supporting students attending the Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Nursing. The Staff Psychologist provides a full range of generalist clinical services to students, including individual, couple and group therapy, crisis intervention, outreach programming, consultation, assessment, supervision, and training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides individual therapy, group counseling, crisis intervention, and clinical supervision, outreach, and consultation services to the university community.
- Provides clinical services to diverse client populations and whose clinical work, supervision, and community intervention is infused with ethical and multicultural competency and who demonstrates clear interest and commitment to all dimensions of diversity.
- Evidence of strong generalist clinical skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in assessment and intervention with a range of clinical issues and complex diagnostic concerns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmental issues of college students and commitment to student success.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in speaking, listening, and writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in developing outreach education programming.
- Consults with faculty and staff regarding student problems, training, program and organizational issues.
- Represents Counseling Services on University committees and participates in the Division of Student Affairs programs as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively with colleagues, campus departments, and student organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires some evening and weekend hours.
A doctorate degree in Psychology and licensure (or eligibility to be licensed) as a Psychologist within the State of Missouri.
• A Doctorate degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology.
• Completion of an APA accredited internship.
• Active full licensure as a Psychologist or obtain licensure in the State of Missouri within 12 months of hire is required.
• Two to three years of experience working with diverse populations including college age students.
• Experience working in a University/College Setting.
• Experience providing clinical supervision to MA and/or PhD trainees.
Full Time/Part Time
Full-time, benefit eligible
$53,600 – $57,800 commensurate with experience and education
This position requires some evening and weekend hours.
Open until filled, review of applications to begin immediately.
Please visit our website for position descriptions, minimum qualifications, and info on how to apply.