The Refugee Wellness Program Psychosocial Services Specialist will successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings. This role will help provide and support psychosocial groups and services for refugee clients. Special emphasis will be placed on helping recent arrivals from Afghanistan. EEO.
- Learns and implements guidelines for services for the Wellness Program set forth by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
- Assists with coordinating, facilitating and other duties related to psychosocial groups. The types of group activities may include extended cultural orientation sessions, skill-building groups such as sewing and other crafts, and/or support groups around issues such as parenting or managing stress.
- Assists with intakes and needs assessment for ORR-eligible clients to evaluate needs and potential to enroll in the Wellness Program, making referrals and providing appropriate interpretation when necessary.
- Assists with providing transportation for clients enrolled in psychosocial services as needed.
- Assists with facilitating referrals to services for clients enrolled in psychosocial services.
- Assists with data collection for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Ensures all contact with clients, referrals, and follow-up and record-keeping represent the highest standards.
- Maintains professional conduct with clients as identified in the NASW Code of Ethics and acts as a mandated reporter.
- Helps maintain a trauma informed environment that is supportive and positive.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience, with emphasis in social work or human services field preferred
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment with at least one year of experience in working in such environment.
- At least one year of case management or psychosocial services experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be reliable, punctual, professional, and able to follow instructions and handle emergency situations
- Must be able to work independently from general instructions
- Must have competent organizational skills, attention to detail orientation and the ability to maintain social work ethics.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving