Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the establishment and implementation of English as a Second Language classes to eligible refugees and immigrants EEO.
· Provide assistance to Learning Center team to complete required ELL Class enrollments, Cultural Orientation classes, and digital access tasks. · Aids weekly enrollments for newly arriving refugee clients into ELL Classes· Aids in data collection for grants for ELL Coordinator · Prepares curriculum & teaches weekly ELL classes for adult refugees · Maintains client files, including copies of all pertinent documents, and obtains client signatures and dates on appropriate forms and receipts promptly · Provides or arranges transportation for refugees to attend classes as needed· Maintain an Outlook calendar to organize and coordinate program support.· Participates in team meetings as scheduled.· Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
· Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
· Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
· Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
· Classroom teaching experience highly desirable
· Minimum high school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience working with refugees desired.
· Ability to work with diverse client population, community organizations and various professionals, as well as staff at all levels.
· Fluency in English required, and another language desirable such as: Dari and Pashto
· Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, holidays and weekends. On call availability for emergencies.
· Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills along with strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
· Must be reliable, punctual, professional, able to follow instructions and handle emergencies. Must also be able to work independently from general instructions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Apply Online: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/dde15210-4675-4273-9417-3dded7e99ae6