Job Title: Registered Dental Hygienist
Reports to: Owner/DDS
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (Brookside)
A customer-focused, Dental Care facility is looking to hire a Registered Dental Hygienist to join
its team! We are looking for someone who represents our inclusive, culturally diverse clientele
as well as our Preventative Oral Care approach of The Pleasant Experience | Enlightenment +
Oral Care- Home. There. Anywhere. Our Dental Care facility offers innovative dental
technology in addition to Green, Eco-friendly Dental Services.
Hybrid Flex Schedule (4-day work week) + Mental Health Days + Benefits. Compensation
The Dental Hygienist will clean teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral
disease. The position also educates patients on oral hygiene, takes and develops x-rays, and
applies fluoride or sealants.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleans calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of
gums using dental instruments.
• Examines gums using probes to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum
disease. Feels lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that
could indicate the presence of oral cancer.
• Applies fluorides or other cavity-preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
• Exposes and develops x-ray film.
• Records and reviews patient medical histories. Charts conditions of decay and disease for
diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
• Maintains dental equipment and sharpens and sterilizes dental instruments.
• Provides clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of
patients or the general public.
• Knowledge of general principles of dentistry and advanced knowledge of dental hygiene.
• Strong customer service skills.
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree or the successful completion of a recognized vocational program in
• State license required.
• Prolonged periods of standing, leaning and bending.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an
interview, submit your resume to email@example.com.
Pleasant Dental Care, LLC. is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.