Boulevard Brewing Company is recognized as a leader in the high-end beer segment. Boulevard
Brewing Company is proud to be part of the Duvel Moortgat family of breweries which also
includes Duvel USA and Brewery Ommegang. As the fourth largest craft brewery by volume in the
United States, our beers and cocktails are built by our people, who are bound together by a devotion to
our products and customers.
Boulevard Brewing Company is looking for a part-time Retail Team member with availability night and
weekend availability! Retail Team Members are a crucial component of the guest experience at Tours &
Rec, and important ambassadors for the brewery at large. This team must uphold the highest standards
of customer service, provide an inviting atmosphere, and actively sell merchandise; all while keeping up
with daily tasks involved in the operation of our shop. The ultimate goal of this role is to leave a lasting
positive impression of Boulevard on our guests, knowing the happiest customers leave with a bag or
beverage in hand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engage with customers – welcome them, find sizes, talk about merchandise & vendor partnerships,
and recommend beers!
• Be an advocate of Boulevard Brewing Co.; knowledgeable on our beer, events and promotions,
merchandise vendors, campus activities and community.
• Uphold the highest of standards for our Gift Shop appearance – the floor should be filled in, signed,
easy to shop & compellingly merchandised at all time.
• Follow all standard operating procedures, including opening and closing checklists, in a detailed and
• Answer Gift Shop phone and provide great customer service – whether in person, over the phone or
via email and web services.
• Identify customer issues and take the necessary steps to correct them. Notify management, and
confidently reach out for an assist when needed.
• Run the register, money handling & multi-tasking.
• Follow SMART guidelines for responsibly selling alcohol.
• Regular inventory counting and rotation of beer.
• Complete any additional tasks as assigned by the daily supervisor such as extra cleaning projects, web
order fulfillment, tagging merchandise, etc.
• Relay customer feedback and provide input to Management for improving consumer experience and
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• A genuine love for customer service and folding tees!
• Talent for engaging with guests about merchandise and beverages
• Alignment to company culture and values
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Able to solve problems & diffuse customer complaints
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is strongly valued in this role
• A love for Kansas City and an interest in fashion & merchandise
• Will be required to obtain liquor license & SMART training
• Weekends & Nights (Especially Sunday) work required
Where to find: www.boulevard.com > About > Join The Team