Risk Analyst I – Enterprise Risk Management
What You’ll Do
As a member of the Enterprise Risk Management area, this position provides support to Enterprise Risk Management function by participating in facilitating risk assessments, maintaining and updating records, and generating reports to support the Company’s risk profile and enterprise risks that may impact the Company. This position reports to the Director of ERM. Primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
Aggregate key metrics across the company from the finance department, corporate risk services, line of business liaisons, and other risk partners to update risk profile dashboards for the Quarterly Risk Profile reporting. Validate and follow up on metrics that are distributed and received through ERM information systems.
– Interact with business liaisons to identify drivers and root causes for unfavorable trends and aberrations of key metrics and operational losses within a business.
– Develop and distribute metrics internal reporting to designated ERM associates in a timely manner.
– Establish risk, issues tracking, loss data, metrics, etc. data collection and quality assurance processes within UMBs information systems.
– Manage inventory of key indicators, creating records for new metrics (descriptions, metric owner, linkage to risks, etc.) and properly archive retired metrics.
– Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and summarize key findings in report format.
– Analyze operational loss data and interlink losses to key risks and control deficiencies.
– Assist in the development and implementation of efficient tools which enhance the ERM framework.
– Partner with colleagues across the enterprise to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification within the line of business.
– Flexible to perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Who You Are
– Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or similar area of study.
– Two plus years of experience in enterprise risk management, regulatory, auditing, financial industry consulting, strategic planning or similar experience. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio. Experience running database queries.
– Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or similar area of study.
– Five plus years of experience in enterprise risk management, regulatory, auditing, financial industry consulting, strategic planning or similar experience.
– Risk, audit, financial, data analytics, information systems, project management or related certifications; willingness to pursue such certification at direction of ERM Director.
In this Role, You will Need
– Analytical problem solver with the ability to quickly grasp business issues and quantify risk exposures
– Demonstrates excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with various stakeholders and regulators
– Demonstrates strong attention to detail and excellent technical writing skills to produce effective and meaningful reports
– Demonstrates ability to be self-structured, ability to work independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment with a desire to learn and the ability to adapt
– Knowledge and understanding of risk management principles, including risk identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting.
– Knowledge and understanding of regulatory expectations for a bank holding company
– Knowledge of financial institutions operational processes
– Ability to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations
928 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, MO
Corporate Risk Services
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you’ll get:
Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
Professional Development: We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals – including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.