Company Name: McCownGordon Construction
Job Title: Scheduler
Performs intermediate and non-routine planning and scheduling assignments which require the selection and application of scheduling principles and techniques. Prepares, monitors and revises schedules, assists Project Managers to formulate plans to correct scheduling issues. Dedicates a significant amount of time to the training and development of Project Management staff to enable them to fulfill their scheduling responsibilities. In addition, performs duties as directed by Scheduling Executive.
Assist’s with implementation of standard McCownGordon Scheduling procedures and policies to accomplish the following:
– Provides jobsite consultation to project teams to assist with job scheduling.
– Conducts regular detailed critical path analysis for projects.
– Supports project teams to resolve scheduling issues.
– Reviews schedules for conformation to procedural and project requirements.
Reviews, monitors, and ensures accuracy of all project schedules.
– Assists and supports project teams on critical schedule challenges.
Works closely with Engineering Services and Estimating teams as needed.
– Assists Superintendent and Project Manager with initial use of schedule template.
– Works with Operations team in support of the creation of small-scale pursuit schedules.
Provides support for senior project managers in development of project schedules.
– Assists scheduling department with gathering data, resources and information for schedule adjustments due to market and regional factors (weather, material, labor force, etc.).
– Maintains working knowledge of all company Schedule procedures related to construction and field operations.
– Assists scheduling department in developing and maintaining company procedures for scheduling.
– Provides scheduling department support for training courses to educate associates through MGCU and other appropriate channels.
– Assists in the maintenance and development of company procedures for scheduling.
– Provides support to scheduling department to identify needed competencies, skills, and expertise needed to deliver scheduling strategies and operations.
– Assists in training, mentoring, and guiding associates to become a premier Scheduling team.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
– 2 to 4 + years of related experience.
– Some knowledge in construction scheduling.
– At least a fundamental understanding of BIM applications, PM Management Software and Estimating software.
– Knowledge of technology and systems, including MS Project, Bluebeam, SharePoint, and drawing management applications.
– Knowledge in the use of P6 Primavera software is a requirement.
The position requires work in an office environment, however project field visits will be required as needed
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 2 Accent 5;\ls