The Endodontics advanced education program is seeking a Senior Dental Assistant. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare dental treatment areas through cleaning and disinfection
- Package for sterilization, disinfect, and maintain dental instruments, supplies and equipment
- Monitor the patient’s needs during procedures
- Greeting and seating patients as they arrive (two in AM and one in PM, usually)
- Instruct patients on proper dental hygiene when needed
- Prepare and assist doctors in all facets of consults, nonsurgical and surgical endodontic therapy
- Assist with patients undergoing sedation (BP, Pulse Oximetry, observation)
- Charting with the electronic health record, making appointments, speaking on the phone
- Check with doctors for treatment instructions
- Taking Records, including x-rays and photos, as needed
- Keep day to day supplies stocked at all times
- Answering questions or directing the appropriate questions to the doctors when working with the Endodontic Residents and Dental Students
- Provide training to residents in four-handed Dentistry
- Maintaining the highest standards in regard to patient safety, privacy and OHSA protocols
- Work with the Advanced Program Coordinator regarding patient scheduling
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 year of experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Certifications as required by regulatory agencies is necessary:
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification OR
- Passing the Missouri Test of Basic Dental Assisting Skills
Ability to instruct dental students in preparing them to effectively work with a dental assistant.
Dedication to teamwork and ability to adjust to the demands of a flexible and fluid schedule.
Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude and enthusiasm throughout the workday.
Excellent customer service skills with an outgoing, people friendly personality.
Excellent communication skills.
Desire to learn new skills and expand your potential
Full Time/Part Time
40-hours per week (1.0 FTE), fully benefit-eligible, staff position.
Up to $19.00 per hour, commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Please visit our website for position descriptions, minimum qualifications, and info on how to apply.