Kansas City PBS is seeking a Senior Director, Marketing, Communications & Engagement. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications and Engagement leads marketing and brand strategy for Kansas City PBS, 90.9 The Bridge and Flatland. This position works cross-departmentally to identify promotional priorities across the organization and is responsible for the planning and implementation of a broad range of marketing, digital and public relations campaigns. With an audience-first focus, this position will foster connections within the community, manage brand integrity and promote awareness of the services and content that Kansas City PBS provides utilizing all avenues of communication. With a focus on local value, this position will also execute a community engagement and events strategy effectively building relationships with community partners and increasing organizational revenue.
SALARY RANGE: $82,843-$85,000
- Responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining the Kansas City PBS, 90.9 The Bridge and Flatland brands.
- Oversee and coordinate the efforts of the marketing team which includes the Director of Digital Content, Marketing & Engagement Manager, Graphic Designer, Social Media Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, and the Development Producer as well as a part-time Social Media Contractor.
- Oversee station wide outreach and engagement activities and events, identifying opportunities to further develop relationships with the local community and identify potential partners while strengthening the Kansas City PBS brand offerings.
- Work with the Marketing and Engagement Manager to develop email marketing strategies that align with the station’s promotional priorities. Creating email marketing campaigns that engage audiences through relevant and targeted messaging while driving fundraising revenue for the organization.
- Plan and execute promotional campaigns for local content including advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, digital presence and grassroots promoting.
- Work with the Director of Digital Content to manage a strategy for the use of digital platforms leveraging selected tools to optimize customer journeys.
- Work with external marketing, branding, and creative services vendors on an as-needed basis.
- Manage the strategy for media inquiries ensuring that media outlets are provided with resources to promote initiatives and projects in a timely fashion.
- Work with the Graphic Designer to ensure brand style guidelines are enforced and visual representations adhere to brand identities.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication and keep the CCO fully informed of all critical issues.
- Manage budget and track expenses for the department
- Work with all departments to create and maintain an image and promotions strategy for station activities, outreach, fundraising campaigns and local programs.
- Oversee and edit content for station communications, including annual reports, press releases, email marketing, promotional campaigns and the monthly program guide as well as content on digital platforms.
- Collaborate with the development team to identify and secure relevant grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience with online content strategy and social media best practices.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to build and maintain a wide range of partnerships.
- Enthusiasm for the role of public media in a changing journalism environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Undergraduate BA degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the fields of engagement, marketing, and communications.
- Minimum of three-five years of experience managing a team.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience with social media strategy and advertising.
- A clear understanding of digital marketing trends with practical experience implementing strategies that include goals and measurement tactics.
- Strong knowledge of design, marketing, and engagement tools, including Adobe, CRMs, e-communications and assessment tools.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this position.
KCPBS is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.