C2FO – Leawood, KS
$80k – 110k | Equity
On-site and remote
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Entry-level to Mid-Level
Role: Full-stack developer
C2FO is working to deliver a future where every company in the world has the capital it needs to grow. Our technology provides an easy, low-cost way for businesses of all sizes to increase cash flow by receiving early invoice payments. Since 2008, C2FO’s online marketplace and innovative financial products have accelerated payments by more than one billion days for companies in over 180 countries.
Named one of Forbes’ “Fintech 50,” C2FO provides more than $1 billion in working capital each week for hundreds of thousands of businesses. C2FO has more than 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in Kansas City and locations throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. For more information, visit www.C2FO.com.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pollen, Inc. (C2FO) believes that unique backgrounds and individual voices strengthen our team, leading to the best ideas and discoveries for our innovative and growing company. At C2FO, we seek, encourage, and nurture diverse perspectives, and we welcome those of all backgrounds to help us change the way global businesses of all sizes gain access to working capital.
As an organization, we not only value diversity and equality, we cultivate teams that feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and our global, multicultural clients. We recognize the power of inclusion, emphasizing that each team member was chosen for their unique ability to contribute to the overall success of our mission.
Our Software Engineers are at the forefront of how customers interact with C2FO. Working with our Product team, we create applications for both internal and external customers. Our philosophy: short iterations with a focus on scalability while ensuring maintainability.
Most importantly, we want someone who is:
- Concerned with the success of their teammates as well as themself
- Respectful towards teammates regardless of their abilities
- Able to work in a highly collaborative software development environment
- Willing to debate, obtain, and move forward with the best solution
- Always digging deeper to understand the problem space and the ‘why’ of your work.
- Passionate about testing, code quality, and continuous integration
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and always improving how we do things
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatches them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary.
- Comfortable with source control, especially git
- A self-motivated developer who can work independently
- Experienced at developing web applications and RESTful APIs
- Proficient communication in English both written and verbal
Day in the life of a Software Engineer at C2FO
- Plan for the week with your team during your weekly check-in meetings.
- Stay up-to-date with the company and interesting people in KC during the company’s all-hands meeting.
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code by reviewing pull requests on Github.
- On any day pick up a task from the Jira Kanban board, get in the zone, and code.
- Enjoy catered lunch from that day’s local restaurant (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday).
- Afternoons can vary depending upon features; typically they are made up of coding.
- Review or create RFCs (Request For Comments) for technical debt or changes that may impact your team or other teams.
- Discuss UI/UX designs for upcoming features with our designers.
- Discuss technical designs with your team during a design document walkthrough.
- Break down project details with our Product Managers.
- After work, hang out and play board games, enjoy camaraderie, shoot pool, or play some ping pong.
Day In The Life Covid-19
Our engineering team is sensitive to the ever-changing covid landscape. As such, engineering will be completely remote until further notice.
We still believe in camaraderie and having fun though! We regularly have virtual shows and shares, gaming sessions, and happy hours.
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- js, Angular, Ember.js, Sass
- Relational database (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- AWS or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Work remote within the United States. We are more interested in having the best engineers than being co-located in an office.
- Our culture of trust allows employees to get their work done with an unlimited amount of PTO.
- Can’t work on an empty stomach; we have a stocked kitchen with snacks & drinks.
C2FO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all veterans and disabled applicants.