UMKC’s Office of Admissions is seeking applications for a Senior Student Recruitment Specialist to work with First Time College students. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Recruitment, this position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing admissions territory activities in order to meet enrollment goals and objectives, develop programs and initiatives to support the recruitment of undergraduate students to UMKC, and support the Office of Admissions in meeting its goals.
- The person will be based in Kansas City and work from UMKC’s campus.
- Some evenings, weekends, and overnight travel required.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UMKC’s programs, policies, awards, values, and distinctions.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies, plans, and goals for an assigned recruitment territory based on university data, trends, best practices, and market research.
- Develop, plan, and coordinate recruitment initiatives within the recruitment territory, including but not limited to, high school visits, college fairs, community events, communication plans, and other initiatives focused on recruiting undergraduate students from diverse populations.
- Respond to prospective student inquiries through email, phone, or in-person communications.
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with prospective students, families, school/college counselors/advisors, and other school, agency, and community organizations.
- Communicate information about UMKC’s requirements for admission, including requirements for specific academic programs.
- Communicate with applicants regarding application materials, admissions decisions, committing to UMKC, and orientation.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal/presentation skills, and present information both in person and on virtual campus visits.
- Communicate financial aid and scholarship information, deadlines, and processes.
- Travel extensively in assigned territory, and strategically identify those schools with the greatest potential for enrollment and relationship growth.
- Communicate with students, both admitted and denied to the university. Counsel applicants on eligibility for admission.
- Maintain accurate reports related to school visits and other recruitment events, inquiry, applicant, and enrolled data, and communication efforts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal constituents, and interface with various campus officials concerning student admissions and recruitment.
- Function with a high level of autonomy, including setting accountability goals, while keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of progress to goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Previous recruitment experience is desired
Full Time/Part Time
Full-time, benefits eligible
up to $ 19.25 / hr, commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity
Open until filled, review of applications to begin immediately.
Please visit our website for position descriptions, minimum qualifications, and info on how to apply.