|Huevos Rancheros with Guacamole in Tortilla Cups |
Yield: 4 servings
1 jalapeño pepper stemmed
1 avocado pitted and peeled
1/2 cup cilantro
½ lime juiced
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
6 corn tortillas
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt for sprinkling
chile powder for sprinkling
6 Tbsp creamy goat cheese
1/2 cup queso fresco
1. Roast jalapeño on hot griddle until the skin is charred. Let cool then peel, stem, and set aside.
2. Place jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and olive oil into a blender and blend until creamy.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Heat corn tortillas on a griddle; brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and chile powder.
3. Spray wells of muffin tin and place tortillas into tins creating a cup. 4. Place 1 Tbsp of goat cheese into each cup.
5. Add a raw egg to each cup and place muffin tin into the oven.
6. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
7. Carefully remove tortilla cups from tin and serve.
8. Top tortilla cups with guacamole, queso fresco, and cilantro.