This position is located in Kansas City but managed by the School of Veterinary Medicine at Columbia Campus. For application questions please contact the Columbia Campus HR at 573-882-7976.
This practice is in Kansas City and is part of the University of Missouri-Columbia Veterinary Health Center (VHC). The emergency clinic provides night and weekend patient care for animals that are critically ill, that are subject to change or deteriorate rapidly, and that require technically complex and time-consuming treatment and monitoring.
The Veterinarian on duty will ensure proper patient care is provided, referring veterinarian and client communications meet expectations, and business protocols are followed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Examine and treat emergency patients
- Explain treatment protocols, including treatment risks, and estimated cost to clients
- Supervise staff employees, and lead them in being responsive and compassionated in providing emergency services to beloved pets
- Work with VHC administrators to install University systems for payroll, hospital information, etc
- Work with VHC administrators and marketing staff to engage local practitioners to promote the hospital
- Address business and facility concerns to ensure practice is well run, safe and presentable
- Provide efficient service while not compromising the level of care offered
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
University Title: Veterinarian
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Kansas City Animal Emergency Clinic is open Monday – Thursday 6pm – 8am and Friday – Monday 6pm – 8am
Shift to be discussed but will include nights, weekends and holidays.
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree (DVM) from an AVMA accredited College of Veterinary Medicine. Must have and maintain an active DVM license in the State of Missouri.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Please visit our website for position descriptions, minimum qualifications, and info on how to apply.