STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids and teens who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,200 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol.
BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include: NAIA Company of Character, Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit, and the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit to Work for in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
Reporting to the Manager of Volunteer Enrollment and Matching, the Volunteer Enrollment and Matching Specialist is a full time, exempt position responsible for completing volunteer enrollment home visits, working closely with the Child Enrollment and Matching team to create matches, and supporting the new match for the first 90 days before transitioning the to a Match Support Specialist.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Child Enrollment and Matching team to make successful Matches between Littles and potential Bigs.
- Work to meet monthly individual goals around matches made, volunteers processed and contacts completed.
- Provide Match Support for 90 days primarily via phone check-ins and document conversations; at 90 days pass this Match to the Match Support Team based on grade of the Little.
- Travel where assigned, typically throughout the five county metropolitan areas, to complete home visits with potential Bigs.
- Schedule and perform Match Introduction Meetings, which will take place at the child’s home.
- Update or reassess waiting volunteers as needed.
- Complete surveys required in the first 90 days.
- Ensure all parties involved are aware of upcoming transfer to the Match Support Team and complete notes detailing each match.
- Crosstrain to assist with child enrollment and matching to provide relief during an influx of child applications.
- Participate in required department and agency events.
- Evening and weekend time will be required to accommodate our families and volunteer’s schedules.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, who demonstrates a passion for our mission. They will be able to work under competing demands, with minimal supervision, and be accountable for individual and team metrics and goals. The position requires the ability to work autonomously, with outstanding customer service, and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to clearly communicate through both written and verbal communication.
Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling; or a bachelor’s degree and at least two years paid professional work experience in the social service or youth development field
- Experience in providing advice, coaching and/or working with both adults and youth strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
- A familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- All applicants must submit to and pass a background check
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment. Management believes in an inclusive environment where staff members can learn and grow. We offer an employee wellness program and professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City (BBBSKC) believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential parts of our mission to defend, ignite and empower potential for youth in our community.
- We pledge to embrace true representation in our brand, diversity of people and perspectives, and inclusion in all areas of our organization so we can make a generational impact on our community through life-changing friendships.
- We value DEI by incorporating it into who we are, our core belief patterns, our daily work, our strategic goals, our support and training programs and through the leadership of the agency. We welcome, encourage and desire diverse candidates for all of our job openings.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
36,000 – 37,000 annually depending on qualifications
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please apply at:
Please note, applications that are not filled out in full will not be considered. If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Whitney Elyachar, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.