Are you passionate about empowering families on their path to independence? Today is your lucky day!! We are looking for our next superstar to fill the role of Family and Children Case Manager.
Who we are?
At Safehome, our passion and mission is to break the cycle of domestic violence. We are a nonprofit organization and domestic violence shelter located in Johnson County that provides shelter, individual and group counseling, court and legal support, and community programs and engagement to survivors of domestic violence. Our core purpose is to empower survivors and their children to live a life free of abuse.
Why work with us?
As an employer, we pride ourselves on maintaining an open-minded environment and are always learning and motivated to provide an empowering culture that allows our staff to thrive! We believe our competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package, including a flexible work schedule, generous paid time off and dress-for-your-day attire, makes Safehome one of the best places to work!
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate is able to rely on critical thinking to problem solve, have good time management and organizations skills, be dependable and caring, maintain a client centered attitude and practice trauma informed care.
In this role, you will act as an advocate for survivors of domestic violence and their children.
The Family and Children Case Manager provides advocacy, lethality assessments, safety planning, information, referrals, service management, crisis intervention, and follow-up services to Safehome shelter and outreach clients so they may have the support to be successful in pursuing a violence-free life. Embrace the overall understanding that our goal is to build resiliency and independence.
· Work directly with clients to determine areas of need and sets goals.
· Conduct follow-up meetings a minimum of once a week with clients to assess progress toward completing goals and identify areas requiring further assistance.
· Make contact with assigned residents within four (4) days of their initial intake.
· Complete an intake of residential client within ten (10) business days of entry into shelter.
· Facilitate transportation and/or transports clients when appropriate.
· Maintain statistical tracking as required and submit all reports in a timely manner.
· Participate in the shelter on-call rotation.
· Be an effective member of the team.
· Communicate clearly on an intellectual and emotional level.
· Respond to any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Children and Family
· Organize, implement and market a minimum of one event a month for children in shelter.
· Ensure clients have needs met for the holidays celebrations
· Maintain bulletin board for Family and Children Advocacy information.
· Research, develop, and maintain culturally diverse community resources and contacts for clients in business, community and education fields.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Effective computer literacy skills (Microsoft office suite, data entry skills, word processing, basic email skills, client management programs, etc.)
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to identify and solve problems in a calm and logical manner. Problem solving will include cooperative efforts with clients, as well as co-workers, and supervisor.
· Must be responsible, accountable and demonstrate integrity.
· Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
· Must demonstrate sound judgement, prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently and resources effectively.
· Must be flexible and open to feedback, change and new ideas.
· Must understand the concept of boundaries with clients.
· Ability to work under substantial stress and handle crisis situations.
· Ability to work respectfully and professionally with diverse groups of people and various populations in a culturally competent manner.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant human services field preferred. Extensive experience in advocacy or working with victims of domestic violence will be accepted to supplement education.
· Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding personal current or past experience with abuse of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour